Saturday, July 20, 2013

Living in the Southeast

It's been almost 10 years since I relocated from the northeast to Chattanooga, TN.  I definitely missed my friends and wondered what adventures life would bring.  I have found the southeast to be a beautiful area to live and work.  The heat is oppressive during the summer, but the winter and spring months are very enjoyable.  I don't miss the snow that came with every winter in the northeast either.

One unique aspect of moving to a smaller city is that everyone seems to know each other.  Southern attitudes are more laid back and relaxed in general than in the northeast.  People are generally more friendly and don't have the rushed and hectic mindset that was so common in the northeast.

As for what the future brings, I can't be sure right now, but will likely be living in this area for the foreseeable future.  My wife and I have chosen North Chattanooga as the neighborhood to live and raise our beautiful daughter.  It's like a mini San Francisco with progressive attitudes and plenty of fellow vegetarians.  We would highly recommend North Chattanooga as a place to live if you are considering moving to this area.

Hope you have a wonderful day!  We're off to see what's going on outdoors.

Samuel A Gunderson

No comments: